As one may imagine, electro-optic devices take advantage of the electro-optic effect! Some of the devices that use the electro-optic effect include light modulators, tunable spectral filters, beam deflectors, etc. They can be used to modulate a laser beam at high speeds (up to the multi GHz regime!) since there are no moving components.
Table of Contents:
- Electro-Optic Light Modulators
- Electro-Optic Fabry-Perot Modulators
- Some Design Considerations
- Bistable Electro-Optic Devices
- Frequency-Shifting and Pulse Compression
- Electro-Optic Beam Deflection